A Wedding & A Birthday

BUSY does not even begin to describe this week. Schoolwork piled up (and was covering things that I did not understand), a big project hit at work, and we were going to be out of town for the weekend. My best friend, Jenny, was getting married! I flew across the state to Spokane early Thursday morning (and managed to catch a flight and hour earlier than scheduled so that was a bonus!), worked in the Spokane office for the day, and met up with a BGI classmate to work some homework problems. He introduced me to the best little coffee shop ever! I checked in to my hotel, drove through the snow to buy a scarf (that I am totally in love with) then went out with Jenny and her friends for a girls semi-bachelorette party out. It was so much fun to get to know other important women in her life!

Friday was catch up on work and schoolwork day. I was staying at the Davenport Tower (excellent hotel!) right in the middle of downtown, so in the morning I headed out to find breakfast and ended up at the safe café from the day before with a bowl of fresh granola and yogurt and a very excellent mocha.

I meant to only stay for breakfast, but was so cozy that I ended up camping out and working till lunch when I met up with my good friend Ellie! Ellie and I were math buddies in high school, then rekindled our friendship in college. She and her husband live in Idaho and commute to Coeur d’ Alene so we decided to meet up and grab lunch in Spokane. We had a great time talking about our plans for our future farms. We wish we lived closer to make bartering easier! They are getting cows this summer and I am dying to go out and learn with them! I cannot wait to see their farm again. It has grown a lot since their wedding there in 2010.

After lunch I worked from the hotel to avoid walking it he cold or driving in the snow until rehearsal. It was hard to convince myself to change from my cozy sweater and jeans into heels and a short sleeved dress (it was FREEZING cold!) but I did, and drove over to Gonzaga for rehearsal. Boy am I glad there was a rehearsal for this wedding! It was my first Catholic wedding with Mass, and it was nice to know all the cues to stand and sit ahead of time.

After rehearsal we had good food and wine at dinner, and at 8:00 I finally got to pick up Matt at the airport! It was so great to see that sweet husband of mine walk out with his goofy pompom hat on.

We were both exhausted, so went back to the hotel and crashed.

Next morning – WEDDING DAY!!! I had a hair appointment at 9 with the other girls, but we had an early morning mission first: birthday doughnut run for Matt. Sunday was Matt’s 30th, and doughnuts are his thing. Unfortunately, all the independent doughnut places in Spokane are closed on Sundays. Go figure. So Saturday it was. We drove out to the Valley to track down treats at Mike Old Fashioned Doughnuts. Of course, we were short on time, and then had to find an ATM since it was cash only, but we were finally successful and had some awesome good doughnuts. I highly recommend their cake crumb doughnut.

 We ate and ran so that I could get to my hair appointment on time. The gal doing my hair did a great job, and it was fun to see everyone get glammed up. I sampled some of their skin products while I was there and am still thinking about buying the amazing coconut moisturizer that they carried. From the salon we went to Glover Mansion to get dressed and do photos. I cannot wait to see them! The photographer was a great gal, and we had fun doing photos even through it was below freezing. Jenny looked stunning.

3:30 – wedding time! It was a nice ceremony, with a very happy looking bride and groom. Then we were all off to the reception at Glover. Time to break out the wine and dance floor! The wine to people ratio was really high (something like a bottle per person) and since we were not driving Matt and I took full advantage of that. We were both sitting with fun people and dinner was good…but the real highlight was dancing! Boy was there dancing! Brian had a great selection of music that kept everyone going for hours. I had blisters from my shoes, so took them off, and danced till I was getting blisters on the bottom of my feet!

 At 11 a towncar from the Davenport picked us up. We felt very fancy going back in such high style. We thought about going to the Peacock Lounge, but decided after wandering through the lobby that we really did not need anything else to drink (except maybe a whole lot of water!) and so we made our way back to our room…and crashed. Here are some of the blurry but awesome photos documenting the night.

What a great night. We woke up hung over but cured that with a great massive birthday breakfast at Molly’s before flying back to Seattle.

 It was a wonderful weekend getaway. Seeing Brian and Jenny so happy AND getting to celebrate by Moose’s birthday…it was perfect. Too bad I did not take more photos. I guess I will just have to wait for Jenny’s photographer to get finished with hers!


One thought on “A Wedding & A Birthday

  1. Pingback: Cake Stress | Moose & Turtle in Seattle

I'd love to hear from you! Please leave a comment

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s